Isabel's Quick Cocoa Cake February 12 2018
- 6 Tables. Hershey's Baking Cocoa
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free King Arthur's Gluten Free Measure for Measure works great)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teasp. Baking Soda
- 1 Teasp. Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teasp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cups Oil (Olive Oil or Canola Oil)
- 1 Cup Water
Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
Pour in 13" x 9" greased baking pan.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until knife comes out smooth when tested in the middle.
- Confectionary Sugar (approximately 3 cups or more)
- 3 Tables. Crisco Shortening
- 1 Tables. Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/4 Cup Milk or more
Place Confectionary Sugar, Shortening, Vanilla and Marshmallow Fluff in a medium size mixing bowl. With beaters, slowly add a little of the milk at a time.
Mixture should be really thick and creamy to spread on cake.
Spread on the top of entire cake. Place cake in refrigerator for 10 minutes or more while making Glaze.
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Bring Heavy Cream to a boil in a small sauce pan. Remove from heat and add Chocolate Chips. Let sit for 5 minutes. Slowly stir together until completely blended. Remove cake from refrigerator and pour Glaze over the entire top of cake. Place back in refrigerator to set for 5-10 minutes.
Remove and ready to serve. Serves 10 - 12
Click here to download the recipe,