"Tex Mex" PJN Style January 10 2018
- 1 Package Papa's Juicy Noodles (Beef Flavoring)
- 1 Tables. Olive Oil
- 1 Tables. Butter
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
For Tex Mex Mixture:
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt (Omit salt if diet restricted)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 2 Cups strained tomatoes (or chopped, chunky, diced w/green chiles)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil to cook pasta.
- In large skillet over medium heat, scramble 1 lb. Hamburger until no longer pink.
- Add Seasonings: Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Paprika, Salt and Cayenne Pepper.
- Stir together well.
- Add Tomatoes, stir, cover and let cook for 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- While Hamburger mixture is simmering, take the seasoning packet from Papa's Juicy Noodles and set aside.
- Put pasta from Papa's Juicy Noodles Beef Flavor Package into boiling water to cook. Stirring occasionally. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Drain just enough pasta water until there is approximately 1 cup of liquid left in in the pan. (Just barely covering the noodles.)
- Add to the noodles: Papa's Juicy Noodles seasoning packet, Butter. Olive Oil and Parmesan Cheese. Stir together well.
- Add Papa's Juicy Noodles to the Hamburger mixture. Stir together. (May add more Parmesan Cheese on top or Monterey or Jack.
- Pour into serving bowl or serve from pan.